Pickled Red Onions
1. Pour equal parts vinegar and water into a saucepan (I used one cup of each).
2. Add about 1/8 cup of honey (just eyeball it).
3. Heat liquid on medium heat; let it simmer for a few minutes. Turn off burner, and allow the mixture to cool.
4. Add thinly sliced red onions to any glass jar with a lid.
5. Pour the cooled liquid over the onions to cover.
Allow to completely cool before popping in the fridge to let the flavors marinate.
Feel free to add any spices or herbs to your pickled onions. A few suggestions include:
- Pink or black peppercorns